Ideas for home schooling during school closures for 1st Class.
– If at all possible, please try to read as much as you can with your child. If you do not have storybooks at home, Vooks.com is a very useful website, where your children can listen to and read along to stories online. I will share my login for all to use.
- Username: firstname.lastname@example.org Password: stendas
– Try to encourage your children to do some free writing while at home too. They can write their news, short stories, letters to grandparents, shopping lists etc.
– Twinkl.com are offering free subscription to all parents. Here you will find lots of writing activities for your child and you can also print writing page templates for your children to use too.
– The children can also continue putting their spellwell words into sentences.
– For maths, children can continue to complete their daily maths columns in their mental maths books.
– The children in first class also love participating in the Daily Ten maths activity online. Here is the link to this website: https://www.topmarks.co.uk/maths-games/daily10
– Jungle Maths on twinkl.com is another favourite in our class!
-Some other maths websites that can be used are:
– P.E- Monday-Friday Joe Wicks is offering a 30 minute P.E session for kids of all ages.
Live on YouTube: The Body Couch TV
– Some other useful YouTube channels:
Crash Course Kids
The Brain Scoop
Kids Learning Tube